Welcome to the Stay In Motion program! We are so proud of you for taking this step in bettering your health through physical activity! The Stay In Motion program was designed by the Western PA Bleeding Disorders Foundation (WPBDF) and the Hemophilia Treatment Center of Western Pennsylvania (HCWP) to provide you with the education and tools for assessing your current physical condition, talking with your healthcare team, setting goals, and creating a plan for physical activity. We want to enable YOU to reap both the mental and physical benefits of exercise!
This program is brand new and we are depending on you for your feedback to let us know what you like, don’t like, and ways we can make this program better. One of our main goals is to remove any barriers that prevent you from being physically active. We are relying on you to let us know what barriers you are facing and ways we can help. We will be checking in with you weekly to ask how you are doing. Please let us know how we can support you. The WPBDF and HCWP staff are here for you every step of the way.
Before you get started please complete the three following questionnaires:
- PAR-Q Physical Activities Readiness Questionnaire
- If you answered YES to any of the questions or are over 69 years of age and are not very active, talk with your doctor by phone or in person BEFORE you start becoming much more physically active. Tell your doctor about the PAR-Q and which questions you answered YES.
- If you answered NO honestly to all PAR-Q questions, you can be reasonably sure that you can start becoming more physically active, beginning slowly and gradually building up. It is also highly recommended that you have your blood pressure evaluated and talk with your doctor if it is over 140/90
- Physical Activities Questionnaire
- This questionnaire will enable us to provide activities you are interested in throughout the program. It will also help identify any barriers you are facing and how we can assist you in reaching your goals.
- Rand Health Survey
- This survey will enable us to measure your quality of life throughout your time enrolled in the program.
Stay In Motion Videos
Setting Goals and Making Changes
Katherine Bush, LCSW from the Hemophilia Center of Western Pennsylvania teaches us how to set goals and make changes.
Physical Activity Guidelines
Cheri McShea, PT, DPT from the Hemophilia Center of Western Pennsylvania shares the benefits of physical activity and provides a few guidelines to keep in mind when becoming more active.
Joint & Muscle Bleeds
Cheri McShea, PT, DPT from the Hemophilia Center of Western Pennsylvania teaches us about joint and muscle bleeds, how to prevent them, and how to treat them.
Making Better Food Choices: Joni’s Story
Joni Osip, RN, MS, CNP joins us to share her weight loss story.