Program and Events Coordinator Spring 2024 Internship
Western Pennsylvania Bleeding Disorders Foundation
Responsible for assisting in planning and managing WPBDF’s programs and
fundraising initiatives; including the development, planning and execution of
special events. WPBDF offers a competitive salary and a fun, relaxed work
Time Commitment: 15-20 hours per week, flexible schedule
- Assist with the implementation, development, and monitoring of all
- Assist with management of program and special events budget.
- Coordinate special event and program marketing, mailings, event
production elements, and volunteer recruitment and management for day
of the event.
- Solicit event underwriting for fundraising and programs as necessary, in-
kind donations of goods and services, sponsors for Foundation programs
from corporations and individuals.
- Maintain database for direct mail/email/event solicitations.
- Assist with fulfillment of patient assistance requests, including ordering
medical ID jewelry and mailing information packets.
- Assist in the maintenance of Foundation’s website as well as social media
(Facebook, Twitter, Instagram)
- Develop and maintain marketing materials for the Foundation (brochures,
- Communicate effectively with consumers, providers, vendors, volunteers,
donors, and the Board as assigned.
- Carry out special projects as assigned.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to
effectively communicate as spokesperson within diverse populations.
- Requires exceptional marketing and interpersonal skills.
- Self-motivated, able to work effectively both in teams and independently.
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel), database management and internet
- Strong sense of responsibility and follow-through.
- Occasional travel required and occasional work at evening or weekend events.
Submit cover letter and resume no later than December 11, 2023, to Kara Dornish, Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Type: Internship
Hourly Rate: $13.00 per hour
Work Location: 775 Fourth Street, First Floor, Beaver, PA 15009